This blog has been created to share my experience on passing Project Management Professional (PMP) exam with 'Above Target' performance rating in all Process Groups (Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & Controlling and Closing) in the first attempt. This blog describes a KISS (Keep It Short & Simple) approach for passing the exam.


'Above Target' is the highest performance rating in PMP exam.

Sunday 12 November 2017

Start reading latest edition of Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep before reading PMBoK

Immediately after submitting the application for PMP exam, start reading the latest edition of Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep; do not wait for the application to be accepted.

A lesson learned from my experience is to read Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep before reading PMBoK. I found Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep to be
quite challenging and hence it kept me motivated to complete reading the book.

I feel that I did the mistake of reading PMBoK before reading PMP Exam Prep. I would take more time to complete the chapters in PMBoK because I did not find it to be challenging and would sometimes doze-off reading it. After reading PMP Exam Prep, I was able to appreciate the content in PMBoK. So, I suggest reading Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep before reading PMBoK.

If you are planning to give PMP exam before 26 March 2017 and if you are in India, you can purchase Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep book from http://amzn.to/2jlMie9




No comments:

Post a Comment